Monday 9 April 2018

Although the résumé and cover message are the major tasks during your employment search, you may be required to write other employment documents and follow-up messages. These documents reflect on you and your communication skills and may subtly influence your chances for employment, so follow guidelines and instructions carefully.

7. Preparing Additional Employment Documents
Although the résumé and cover message are the major tasks during your employment search, you may be required to write other employment documents and follow-up messages. These documents reflect on you and your communication skills and may subtly influence your chances for employment, so follow guidelines and instructions carefully.
What should you remember to do when filling out a job application? Check all that apply.
Correct
Correct
Incorrect
Correct
Correct
Points:
0.8 / 1
Close Explanation
Explanation:
Just like your résumé and cover message, other employment documents should be professional and composed with care. Make sure you look over all the questions on the application before starting so you know what to expect. Answer all the questions honestly and use positive or neutral phrases. Additionally, be sure to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. You do not need to include questions you have about the position. There is not normally space for questions on applications. Avoid bright-colored pens that may make it difficult to read your application; use blue or black ink instead.
Read the résumé follow-up message, and answer the following question.
Dear Ms. Johnson:
Please know that I am still interested in becoming a content editor with Smile Publications.
Since I submitted a résumé in June, I have completed my graduate degree in English and am currently an adjunct instructor at two community colleges. Preparing my lessons and lectures has given me the opportunity to hone my communication and organizational skills.
Please keep my application in your active file and let me know when I may put my classroom experience and strong educational background to work for you.
Sincerely,
Emily Henderson
What is effective about the message?
Incorrect
Points:
0 / 1
Close Explanation
Explanation:
If you do not hear from a prospective employer for a reasonable amount of time after submitting your résumé or application, send a short follow-up message that expresses your continued interest in the position. This message reminds the reader of the applicant’s interest in the opening line. This message does not include evidence of company research or any reference information.
Read the rejection follow-up message, and answer the following question.
Dear Ms. Gonzalez:
Although I am disappointed to hear that you have selected another candidate for the marketing position, I appreciate your prompt and courteous communication.
Because I believe I have the organizational and technical skills needed to work in a growing company like EdCo., I hope you will keep my résumé in your active file. My desire to work for your company remains strong.
I enjoyed meeting with you, and I appreciate your thorough explanation of your company’s growth and future goals. To enhance my qualifications, I have enrolled in a course on Intercultural Communication in the Workplace at ZSU.
If you have an opening for a position I am qualified for, please contact me at (555) 555-3532. I will contact you in the next month to discuss employment possibilities.
Sincerely,
Janet Havasu
What is effective about the message?
Correct
Points:
1 / 1
Close Explanation
Explanation:
If you didn’t get a job that you think was a perfect match for you and your qualifications, be persistent. Consider responding to a rejection. You may mention that you are disappointed you didn’t get the job, but be sure to note your continued interest in the position. Include a reference to specific facts or topics that were discussed during your interview. This illustrates your sincere and continued interest in the position. Rejection follow-up messages are not a good place to ask further questions. They should be formatted as letters, not memos.
When writing a rejection message to turn down a job offer, what should you include?
Correct
Points:
1 / 1
Close Explanation
Explanation:
If you find yourself turning down a job offer, continue to show your professionalism by composing a sincere rejection message. Express your gratitude and best wishes for the future. You do not need to include specific reasons why you rejected the job, personal stationery, or a gift card. None of these would be appropriate or professional to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment